Brandon's (mostly) Poker Blog

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

A brief intro

My name is Brandon Holloway and I am 22 years old. I'm a student at Auburn University, where I commute twice a week from my home in Phenix City, Alabama (which is about 30 to 40 minutes from Auburn). I am a senior in Information Systems Management, and am set to graduate in December.....FINALLY!!!!

Well, to make a long story short, I play poker online, mostly at PartyPoker. I started playing almost solely sngs a couple months ago, and found it to be profitable. I worked my bankroll up from playing $10 sngs, then to $20, $30, and just today I started playing $50. I find that I am comfortable using the 30 buyin rule for my bankroll, which is $1500 for $50 sngs. When I started today, I had $1,481.55 in my account, and figured I was safe to move up.

I don't have a job, and still live with my parents, but only for the next month until I graduate. I am planning on moving out with a friend and making money being a full-time online poker player. Some of my friends think I'm crazy (ok, almost ALL of my friends), but I'm lucky to have 1 or 2 who think I can do it, and a girlfriend who totally supports me. Also, it will be nice having an MIS degree to fall back on if necessary. I've been using poker money to do everything I do for about the past year or so. I also qualified for the PartyPoker Million 4 and the WSOP via online play in 2005 (on PartyPoker and FullTilt). I didn't cash in either, but came close on the cruise. It was still a great experience though, and it gave me some much needed confidence to continue to play and get better.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:31 AM, Blogger Alex Michel said…

    I believe I am one of those friends who doesn't think you can make money playing online poker. I KNOW YOU CAN!!!!! Go get em. Good luck on your journey while having the best job any person could ever have.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home