Brandon's (mostly) Poker Blog

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

No poker today

Today was another long boring day at school...(I'm there pretty much all day on Tuesdays and Thurdays). I watched the final table of the WSOP when I got home, and haven't really felt like playing any sngs. I did play some yesterday though. My stats looked like this.....

SNGS

played = 27

1st = 1
2nd = 7
3rd = 4
4th = 4
5-7 = 7
8-10 = 4

ITM = 44.44%
ROI = 15.93% (including rake)

PROFIT = +$350 - $135(rake) = +$215


OTHER

CPC (Canadian Poker Championships) qualifier = -$33


Net Profit = +$215 - $33 = +$182





I failed to place in the CPC qualifier, which shows a loss there of the $33 buyin.

Yesterday's play was somewhat below average. Of course, the fact that I made money is great and is the most important thing, but only having 1 first place finish really hurt me. The good thing is that I had far more seconds than thirds, but I really need to win more of these things. I was running bad and taking a few bad beats and unlucky breaks along the way, but hey, thats poker. I put a couple of bad beats on others too, so I can't complain. My ITM% was what I would consider very good. I would take 44% any day.

Overall, I think I did fine for my first day at the $50 level. I had to get used to the fact that you start with 1000 instead of the usual 800 at the $30 and below level, but I see that as an advantage as far as variance goes. Having more starting chips can only help the players who know what they are doing, it can't possibly hurt.

I plan on playing around 20 or so tomorrow, so hopefully I can get back on track. My goal is to play 100 sngs this week and make as much money as possible, so I really need to get on it. I'll update every couple of days or so.


Current Bankroll = $1,663.55

1 Comments:

  • At 1:40 PM, Blogger BrandonAU said…

    I usually start with 4, but end up playing 3 at a time for the rest of the time. I like to leave a corner of my screen open for AIM and checking email and junk.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home