Brandon's (mostly) Poker Blog

Monday, December 29, 2008

hmmmmm....

Its looking like it will be very tough for me to make that 500 sngs by the end of the year. After a small session of 19 today, I'm only at, I think, 240. I'm not sure of all the numbers because I'm on my Dad's desktop right now and not my laptop, where all my PT3 stuff is. I think I won around $65 in the session today. Lost a few A-big vs A-rag allin preflop for some pretty big pots in some early games, but I stayed with it and pulled out a winner. I think my ROI over the 240 games is around 7% now. Like I said, it's doubtful I'll finish all 500 by Wednesday. If I don't, I'll definitely finish by the time I go back to Kennesaw Sunday night. Its just with spending time with my friends, family, and Stephanie lately, I haven't found much time to play. Which is fine with me, because those are more important to me. So anyways, tonight I'm playing in the $80 tourney (home game) that I used to play in regularly. There is a 1/2 NL cash game afterwards. If I bust in the tourney, I'll just try my luck shortstacking the cash game with like $40. Action is there, so hopefully I can pick up a big hand early and quadruple up or something.. lol. And congrats to Alex for making it deep in the 5,000 FPP Pokerstars Million Turbo Takedown yesterday. I believe he finished 50something for like $625. I know it has to be heartbreaking though, since first was a cool $100k. To make it that deep though through a 9500 player field, outlasting 99.5% or so of the field, is an achievement in itself. He'll have many bigger cashes to come though. K I'm out...

- Brandon

1 Comments:

  • At 1:11 AM, Blogger Alex Michel said…

    Thanks for the kind words. Also, it's good to see you have your priorities straight. Money and poker are of so little importance if you don't have time to spend with your family and friends. Have a good new year and I look for big things from you this upcoming year... no pressure though:) I just have a feeling.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home