Brandon's (mostly) Poker Blog

Friday, November 18, 2005

Update.... and tomorrow is the big game!!!

School is killing me... I've been busy workin on school stuff all week long. I'm SO glad this is my last semester, and that in a month I'll be out. Well I didn't get to play any poker at all Tuesday or Wednesday. I had a short session yesterday and a short session today, (by short I mean a couple hours or so) which I'm just going to combine in my stats as one session. It looks like this:



SNGS


played = 23

1st = 1
2nd = 6
3rd = 4
4th = 4
5-7 = 6
8-10 = 2

ITM = 47.83%
ROI = 22.53% (including rake)

PROFIT = +$400 - $115(rake) = +$285



I didn't play any multis or qualifiers, just the sngs. I'm pretty happy with this session, although I'm still disappointed about my lack of 1sts. Having only 2 1st place finishes in 50 sngs is terrible, but I guess I've just been having some back luck HU (heads up). I think I'm being overly aggressive when it gets to 3-handed and HU, because the blinds are so high and it makes me feel I need to make bigger decisions preflop, and pushing is sometimes better than just raising. Sometimes this is true, but I think I can be more patient. I need to realize that I'm not safe just because I'm in the money, but getting first place is more than twice the money of third, and $100 more than 2nd. To put it into perspective, if just 5 of my 2nds of the week were 1sts, I'd have $500 more. That's huge. I think I need to practice more shorthanded and play some HU matches on stars.

So anyway, I'm up $467 after 50 sngs, which is about right, maybe just a little bit lower than my goal. I'd like to have an average of $1,000 profit after 100 sngs, but I know I won't be able to keep it super consistent, but hopefully in the ballpark. I still have 50 more to play between now and Sunday, which I may or may not get done. There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY I am playing any tomorrow, because its the big game!! That's right, the South's most bitter rivalry, as ESPN puts it....... Auburn vs Alabama. We beat Georgia last week and they lost to LSU, which puts us at 11th and 8th in the AP polls. We have won the last 3 in a row, and its at home and we're favored by 7. This is my LAST game I can attend as a student and sit in the student section, which I have to go in an hour and a half early to just get a decent seat!! They overbook our student section by about 2k people, so there are people all over the stairs in the game... its packed!!

The game starts at 3:30 PM est, but I'll be up there at 7:00 in the morning getting my Red Bull and vodka on, you know how we do! I love tailgating, and we will be there all day tomorrow before the game. WAR DAMN EAGLE!!

Ok so where was I... I'm going to play as many sngs as I can Sunday, but I don't know if I can squeeze in 50. We will see. I have no school next week, we are out for Thanksgiving holidays, so I'll play AT LEAST 100 next week, and hopefully squeeze in some multis and qualifiers. I want to qualify for the CPC so bad. I'll update again by Monday, but probably Sunday night.


Weekly Profit = +$467

Current Bankroll = $1,948.55

1 Comments:

  • At 1:27 AM, Blogger Alex Michel said…

    I got to see the 2nd half of the game. By that time you were prolly too drunk to recall what was going on, but Auburn dominated and it was fun to watch. So WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!! Whatever that heck that means. GL this week with your poker playing. I have the week off too other than bball, so Im sure we'll be on a lot. Talk to you on Sunday. Peace

     

Post a Comment

<< Home