Brandon's (mostly) Poker Blog

Sunday, September 09, 2007

So close again...

Today I played well. I entered 2 $11 turbo mtt sattys to the mil on ps, a $24 mtt on ft, a $20 rebuy mtt on ft, the $3 rebuy mtt on ps, and the 100grand tourney on ps that has a $10 buyin. I busted in 1 turbo satty and got a seat in the other, so I unregistered for the mil and took the $215 tourney credits... I'd rather get my roll a little higher before I start playing the mil when I when a seat. I busted in the $24 on ft, but cashed in the other 3 tourneys... A meaningless $17 or so in the 100grand when I busted just in the money. The $3 rebuy went well for a while and I was up to 90k when avg was around 50k.. I just went card dead though and busted around 200something for about $40. My close one was the $20 rebuy on ft. I didn't rebuy or addon at all, because the deck was hitting me in the face in the first 30 minutes or so, as I ran my 1500 stack up to about 8000... it was a sick run. Late in the tourney I was shortstacked for a long time until I finally pushed with AKcc into 66.. flop Jc Qc x and obv I didn't catch. I finished 11th though which was good for $153... just so close to a final table and a nice score, as 1st place was over $3k. I'm still running good in the $33 sngs whenever I get to play them, which I need to do more. Sngs are still my strongest point I think. Although I don't play the turbos because I love the middle levels in the regular ones, and its much less of a crapshoot. Well thats all for now.

- Brandon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home