Brandon's (mostly) Poker Blog

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

First 2 sessions at 1/2 6-max...

+ $12.25 in my first session of 1,175 hands. - $24.50 in my second of 973 hands. So I'm down a total of $12.25 after 2,148 hands. Not terrible for my first day I don't think. Man, the action is crazy at short-handed limit. I love it. The only bad thing is the rake. In under 3 hours I played over 2k hands (mostly 10-tabling). I paid $115.50 in rake... wow. I guess the good thing about it is that I really racked up VPPs/FPPs. I had to play a decent amount of $13 sngs before just to be Silverstar... Playing 1/2 6-max limit, I'll be Goldstar soon, and I'll probably be Platinum Star before the end of the month. This means $$$$FPPs.. I'm getting 1.5 FPPs per 1 VPP being Silverstar... Goldstar gets 2 FPPs per 1 and Platinum is 2.5 per 1.. Anyways, I lost a couple of big pots multi-way when either my flush didn't get there, or their's did. I sucked out a couple times, but I think waaaay more money went in when I was good and I ended up losing than went in when I was behind and ended up winning. This is a good sign to me that I'm playing well. I've been such a nit in sngs, which is normal, that all this aggression feels un-natural, but I'm starting to like it. I'm just not used to capping AJos or 3-betting K10 pf out of position... but thats the way it goes. Taking the lead in pots is huge in this game. I think I'll really enjoy limit again. I think I have a much better concept of how to play than I did back in the day when I used to play 5/10 on Pacific Poker. Time will tell I guess.

- Brandon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home