Brandon's (mostly) Poker Blog

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Hanging in there

Well, the last week or so has been decent as far as sngs go. Last Sunday was a pretty bad day though, as I lost over $250. I wrote down a couple of bad beats I took, (I know nobody likes to hear bad beat stories, but this is MY BLOG!!..... lol).

Once I had 1010 in the first level and raised in LP (late position), and was called by someone who had limped in MP (middle position). The flop was 6 2 5 rainbow, a beautiful flop for me.... Well he checked to me, and I bet about the size of the pot, then he raised big. I put him on a mid pocket pair, A6, or maybe even just AK. I pushed, he had 77, and the turn was a 7. Bye bye me.

Another time I had AQ pretty early in a sng and someone in MP raised small, I believe about 2.5X the bb. I was 2 seats to his left and felt like I could take control of the hand by reraising here, so I bumped it about 2 or 3X his raise. The flop comes Q x x rainbow, (x = rags), and he bets out about half my stack. Of course I push all in here, and he calls with KQ. Yes, you know what the turn was, and bye bye me, again.

I was bummed out for a little while, but bounced back and then some the next day. Monday I had a decent day, winning right around $300. It was just what I needed after Sunday, and it felt good. I also played in the $33 CPC qualifier Monday, and I got 10th when top 9 got the seat to the next tournament... this was extremely disappointing, but I didn't let it get to me. I was shortstacked with 10 left and all folded to me on the button. I had A10 clubs and pushed, only to get called by KJ in the bb and he caught trips and that was the end of me. I went ahead and cashed out $600 Monday too. Tuesday was an alright day, as I won about $150 or so.

I didn't play any today, and won't tomorrow on Thanksgiving either. I'm sure I'll play a good bit on Friday though, because I need to catch up. And oh yeah, what about Auburn dominating Alabama last Saturday??? Wow, that was sad. I mean, we only sacked Brodie 11 times... haha. I actually saw a bumper sticker online somewhere that said "Honk if you sacked Brodie"..lol. Its only funny if you saw the game, but it was rediculous.... thats 4 in a row baby!!!!!!!! WAR EAGLE!

Ok so here's the deal with my stats... instead of showing them everytime I update, I'm just going to show my weekly stats. Also, starting in January, I'm going to keep up with weekly, monthly, and of course yearly earnings. I will show also show my cashouts and current bankroll. Well I'm out for now, everybody have a great Thanksgiving!


Cashed Out = $600

Current Bankroll = $1,500.05

2 Comments:

  • At 1:29 AM, Blogger Alex Michel said…

    Brodie sucks, even I sacked him once. Anyways, I always like hearing about your bad beats. You forgot the KK vs KJ, board JJKJX. I liked that one the best. Well, dominate next week, im sure you will. Until next time...

     
  • At 2:42 AM, Blogger BrandonAU said…

    oooh.... I somehow skipped over that one, the worst of all. Yep, we can't all dominate 15/30 like you, but I will keep playing as long as they keep calling 3 bets preflop with KJ, not even soooooooted.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home