Brandon's (mostly) Poker Blog

Friday, June 06, 2008

Can't make up my mind..

I can't make up my mind if I want to play tourneys, sngs, or cash games, or just a mix. Right now, I'm playing sngs on Stars again, and some MTTs on Full Tilt. I deposited $100 in FTP just to play tourneys every now and then while I'm playing sngs so I don't get so bored. Sunday I got 3rd in a 90-man KO tourney for like $250something which was ok. I was chip leader at the start of the FT and when we got 3-handed we all exchanged the lead a few times, but it was a turbo structure and I just couldn't get any hands late. No other decent tourney scores since that unfortunately, but I haven't played many either.

Sngs are going ok. I think I have somewhere around a 10% ROI through 80 or 90 sngs since last Friday, which isn't that bad, but they are only $13 6-man turbos so I expect better. Of course I was around 30% ROI through like 50 or 55, but swings do happen, especially if you run as bad as I did last night... Wow. Well I started with $1,000.73 in my Stars account last week and have $1,076.33 now. Its going to be a grind, but that's fine with me as long as I can play some MTTs in there to mix it up. I started stacking my tables instead of tiling them the other day, and believe it or not, I like it better. I can probably play alot more tables like that. I 12-tabled just fine yesterday, and they were turbo 6-mans. I'll probably play some 9-man $11 regs and see how that goes, because I can probably play at least 16 of those simultaneously. From now on my BR management goes like this...

Stick to $11 sngs until I have 75 buy-ins of the next level to take a shot with.

If I dip back down to the equivalent of 100 buy-ins of the original level, go back down.

Repeat as I move up.

I pretty much came up with that myself and I think its a pretty good system. I just know that stacking the tables will help me get alot more play in now, which is great. I've played about 75 or 80 sngs this week already, and it seems like I've barely played. Hopefully all of this will go well for me. I'll start putting numbers in here more often when I update at the end of this week so that anyone who wants to can follow my progress. The goal is to sustain at least a 10% ROI through $11s, $22s, and $33s. Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:39 PM, Blogger Alex Michel said…

    best of luck dude. There is no way I would be able to stack tables. I wouldn't be able to remember who is the aggressor in a pot and I would never figure out who the crazy players are. But that's me. I'm sure you have it figured out. Once again, good luck and call me when you are getting close to a huge score or just to bs sometime.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home