Brandon's (mostly) Poker Blog

Friday, April 11, 2008

I'm an old man.....

So I did something to my back, probably in the gym, and I was having bad back spasms all last weekend. Its better for the most part, but I'm still really careful when I do pretty much anything. At first they were so bad that I had to lay out of work Monday and Tuesday, so I got to play tourneys all day. I made 3 final tables in 2 days, playing probably around 25 tourneys. It sounds better than it is though. One was a 6-max limit mtt with around 100 or so people... Got 4th. Another was a limit mtt with about 90 people... Got 8th. The other was a $3 rebuy on FTP with about 480 or so people... Got 9th. The rebuy was the only tourney where 1st place was over $500 (it was like $1.1k). These finishes were very disappointing, but I do absolutely OWN limit tourneys. I think I'll start playing in the major limit tourneys in the WCOOP and FTOPS, etc. etc., because I feel like I'm so goooot in those. Lost a flip for the chiplead in the rebuy with AK losing to JJ by the way. I could've played it better though. I think I misplay AK more than any other hand, which I hear is common. Oooooh well.

I've been playing some NL full ring cash games lately (.25/.50 mostly), and I've started liking them again. I need to just stop saying that I'm going to only play sngs, or only mtts, etc etc because I never do lol. My plan is to satty into the Mil and 750k, and possibly some other majors (i.e. Warmup, Second Chance). My roll is lower than its been in a long time since I've been messing around in MTTs waiting for a score... Its around $1,500 or so. If it gets to $1,000 I'm going to 6-9 table 50NL cash until I can grind it back up to $2k. That is my plan at least... and we all know I can never stick to it, but I will try lol. So thats whats been going on lately. Nothing exciting I know. I'm ready for a vacation... going to Panama City Beach a couple times in May and probably back to Vegas in July... I can't wait.

- Brandon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home