Brandon's (mostly) Poker Blog

Thursday, January 22, 2009

update...

Gatlinburg was fun for the most part. We don't get much snow here.. maybe once every couple of years.. and it probably only sticks once every 4 or 5 years.. so we were happy when we heard that it was supposed to snow the weekend we were there. Well, it never did.... until the day we were supposed to leave. It snowed pretty hard that morning, and we were happy to see snow, but we never thought we would get TOO MUCH snow. We left the cabin in 2 groups.. the first group left about 30 minutes before we did, and they got down the mountain just fine (both of their vehicles). When we tried to leave, the roads had already become too slick to make the trip down. We started going down, and I looked in my rear-view mirror only to see David had slid off the road. A few more feet and his Durango and everybody in it would've been gone. Well, they probably would've only rolled once or twice and hit a tree and stopped, and probably lived, but you know what I mean. It was kinda close. So then we figured out alot of other cars had already wrecked trying to go down and both roads were blocked (there are only 2 roads down the mountain). So David had to get his truck towed out, and we all had to leave our cars in a parking lot close to where we were, and we walked back to the cabin. We were snowed in for another day. We all had to miss work Tuesday, but nobody was really complaining much. Most of the complaining had to do with us not having a whole lot of food left. Anyway, we were able to get down Tuesday so we didn't have to miss another day of work or anything. Funny how we all wanted it to snow soooo bad, and we all got more than we bargained for. I think we got 4-6 inches from Monday morning to Tuesday afternoon, which the people who lived there said was usually unheard of. This one couple said they have only been snowed in a handful of times in the 20 years they have had a cabin there.

Well so far I've played 50 sngs on FTP and am up $35. Just getting started up. I'm looking forward to earning rakeback finally. I'm going to use up all the rest of my FPPs on Pokerstars on 1-table sng sattys to $11 tourneys. I'll then unregister and use the tourney dollars in sngs and try to build up a little money to cash out. I've already cashed out all the cash I have in there last night, which wasn't much. I have a little over 5k FPPs left I think.. so it may take a while playing 70FPP sngs. Well thats all for now.

- Brandon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home