Brandon's (mostly) Poker Blog

Thursday, April 09, 2009

MASTERS!!!

My mom was able to get Stephanie and me tickets to the Masters for the final round Sunday! I'm psyched! People fork over hundreds, even thousands, for badges, so I consider myself very lucky. Much less, Sunday?!?! Wow.. I can't wait.. Closest I've been to something like this is a practice round at the PGA Championship when it was in ATL and when they used to play that tour event at Callaway, and also a Senior Tour event at the course I used to work at... but nothing even CLOSE to the freakin Masters.. Can't wait.. We're going up Saturday night to stay with my mom and Barry, and may go out with them that night, then we'll be out on the course all day Sunday pretty much.

As far as poker goes, I played a 1.2k hand session tonight and won a little over a buyin at 50NL. And even with all those beats I pasted in my last post, yesterday was still only a 2 buyin losing day, so it could've been much worse. Tonight I played the deep tables, which require I believe a minimum of 50bbs as the buyin. This eliminates the idiot shortstackers that drive me crazy, but I also notice more solid regs. Don't get me wrong, the fish were still out, just maybe not as many. I like the deep tables though, because it actually lets me play poker. I'll probably keep playing them for a little while and see how I run. Ok I'm rambling, thats all for tonight.

- Brandon

1 Comments:

  • At 2:36 AM, Blogger Alex Michel said…

    That is awesome you get to see the Masters...on Sunday!!! Go Tiger!! That would be awesome! LOL at how bad you run. Some of those hands are sick (thank you K10 for checking behind on the river after hitting top 2 haha). Thankfully, you are good enough to make that bad days not that bad. I'll be back on next week sometime and we'll have to take 1st and 2nd in at least 8 tourneys. Have fun at the Masters! Let me know how it goes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home