Brandon's (mostly) Poker Blog

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Roll back over $1k...

Thanks to running good in 50NL, I've gotten my online roll over $1k for the first time in a few months. It also helps that I haven't had to cash out any lately, though that might change soon.

I think I'm a whole lot better at cash than I used to be. I've been making some good calls/laydowns, putting people on pretty accurate ranges, getting good value, etc. I think my biggest improvements are probably stealing more, tightening up my UTG to MP range, and isolating more. HUD has been a huge help with isolating, cause alot of the time now I know who's limping with junk (QJ, K10, 810suited etc.) vs the ones limping with monsters UTG, small pkt pairs, etc. Ranges seem to be more defined now. Of course I've played a really tiny sample of 5,424 hands, which is because I only 6-table now, but I like it better than mass-tabling. I'm running at 9.93 ptbb/100 hands, which translates to +$538.55. I've also earned about $45 to $50 in rakeback so far on top of that. I'm still debating when to take a shot at 100NL. I'll more than likely wait until my roll is up to $1.5k so I'll have 15 buyins. If I drop 3 or 4 buyins from there, I'll just move back down and try again.

On another note, some of us are going to Tunica in mid-March. I'm selling $25 shares of myself in the $550 tourney up there that Saturday, and giving 100% payout on the shares. Basically I just want to play, but don't want to put up the full amount. Alot of my friends that would buy shares don't play much poker, and probably wouldn't buy them if it was like a stake and it was a 50/50 or 60/40 cut or something, so I decided that I don't really care that much, and I'll give out the full 100%. I think it will be fun to have people sweating me too. I'll probably put up $250 to $300 myself, so that leaves 10 to 12 shares for sell. I've already gotten 4 of them sold, and I know someone that will take a couple more, but there are still a few available. They know I run ridiculously good in live tourneys in Mississippi though, so hopefully I don't disappoint lol... I also already have somebody staking me in 1, maybe 2 $100 tourneys that weekend. I'll take a stake over paying myself any day, as long as the cut is decent. Risk-free poker is fun poker :) Well thats all for now..

- Brandon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home