Brandon's (mostly) Poker Blog

Thursday, October 05, 2006

New job

Ok, well I got the job I was talking about in my last post. I'm being trained to be an Estimator at a grading and paving company, and I like it so far. It's in the civil engineering area, which is far from my MIS background, but I don't care. I get my first check tomorrow (Friday) so I'm planning on partying it up this weekend in Auburn. We play Arkansas at 12:00 eastern on Saturday, and I'm probably going to the game. My dad has 2 tickets and he'll probably be meeting me there, but I'll be in Auburn all weekend with my friends regardless if I go to the game or not. We should be able to take the Razorbacks, but they're no crappy team by any means, so anything can happen.

I'm planning on making a deposit into one of my poker accounts within the next few weeks (not sure which site though). I wanted to go with Party Poker, but since Congress passed a bill about banning U.S. citizens from transferring money between their bank accounts and offshore poker accounts, Party Poker is one of the big name sites who says they will stop doing business with U.S. citizens altogether... (at least thats the way I understand it). I'm sure some sites will remain available, as long as there are ways around it. As long as Neteller and similar middle-man companies are around, it seems there will be a way around it. The bill still has to get past Bush anyway before any panic should arise. It should still be a long process, even if the ban is successful.

Well theres not really much more going on with me right now... Just the same stuff really, but less partying because I have to get up at 6:00 during the week because of work, which is fine. I don't need to be out until 3:00 on Wednesday nights anyway I guess. It just makes me appreciate my weekends alot more, because everyday is no longer like a weekend day for me like it has been for a while. Well I guess thats it for now... Lata!!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:57 PM, Blogger Alex Michel said…

    Sorry about the bad beat today. They can still bounce back. Glad to hear you are enjoying your job. Take it easy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home