Brandon's (mostly) Poker Blog

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Another miss...

Well I didn't win. The table was sooo tight early, like I expected, but I didn't think it would go all the way until the 1st break still 9-handed lol. This was partly because you start with 3000 instead of 1500 at Step 6, but still, blinds were up there. I was lucky not to get 9th when I moved in from MP with KQ after the break cause I had about 5 bbs, and I got called by the big blind with AK... I spiked a Queen and doubled.... I only pushed there because I figure if I get called, I'm probably 40/60 or a flip... I was still dominated but got lucky :). We got 5-handed and I had about 4500... I raised to 1200 at 200/400 with 55, and it folded around to the bb and he pushed for like 2900 more, which would have crippled me if I called and lost. Well I was getting about 2 to 1 to call and thought it was a flip... and this guy was crazy/aggro lately. I wanted to win, so I called and was right about the flip... but lost to his KQ... lol... over the top of me with KQ... great play guy! Anyway I busted 5th for $1,000, but would've had about 9k in chips if I had won the hand. The CL had about 12k, and other 2 about 3k each, so I would've been in great shape to possibly take it down, it just wasn't meant to be. Well the plan now is to play the Step 2s until I have 20 tickets to Step 3, and then go from there... I'll update.

- Brandon

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home