Brandon's (mostly) Poker Blog

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Poker update and a final table.......

After my week (or longer) off from playing limit, I got back into it some... this time on Full Tilt. They are running a promotion for the WSOP where they are giving away $1Million in Main Event seats. The have a tourney once a month for 5 months where the top 20 get a seat. You can either qualify through freerolls (which is extremely difficult the way they have it set up) or you can accumulate 10,000 Full Tilt Points in a month's time. I saw where their first month's tourney only had 580 or so people in it, so I wanted to get in next month because its a great opportunity. I deposited some of my roll into Full Tilt so I can get my 10k points. I've been doing alright on there. Up somewhere around $200 in the 4 or 5 total hours I've played so far. I put one nasty beat on a guy the other day. It went like this......

I'm in MP with 5d6d and theres a limper. I limp too hoping more people will, which they have been doing alot. I like small suited connectors like that, you usually lose a small pot or win a big one with them. So anyway, the whole table limps.

Flop: Qc8c4d

I have nothing but a gut shot and prepare to check/fold, but the whole table checks.

Turn: 8d

Now the pot is already about $60 I believe, and its checked to me. I picked up a flush draw, and still have my gutty too. I bet, trying to represent a hand, knowing that I still have outs if I'm called. I get one caller.

River: 7d

Now it goes without saying that this was a beautiful card for me. I bet, and he raises!!!!! Hmmmmm, what should I do with the nut straight flush, lol. I 3-bet and he caps.... The guy has............. QQ! Wow, something tells me that guy played his queens pretty badly. Was nice for me though, as I dragged in somewhere around a $180 pot.


$30+rebuys - Phillip's House

Sunday night at Phillip's didn't go as well as the week before though. I couldn't get much going early and wasn't able to build my stack as I would've liked in the rebuy period. I was sitting at around 15k when I got 77 in MP. Blinds were 50/100 and I made it 300 to go. All folded to the small blind who called, and the bb folded.

Flop: AsKd7s

Very good flop for me. He checks... Now I only have about 12k left, and I'm thinking about checking here. But I figured it may looking like I'm checking a good hand anyway because I raised in MP and he's probably thinking that Ace hit me, or at least the King. I decide to bet 400 because if he's gonna call any bet from me later with the A and K out there, he probably will on the flop , and he puts me allin. I beat him into the pot and he has the one thing I didn't want him to have... a flush draw..... 3s4s. (Nice call of my raise by the way). So the 9s hits the turn and of course the board fails to pair on the river. I'm out. Oh well, I got the money in as a pretty good favorite, and thats all I can ask for.


$5+rebuys - Party Poker

I usually don't like playing many rebuy multis online, simply because they take soooooo long. Today, however, I was in the mood for some tournament poker and I decided to jump in while playing some WSOP steps at the same time. There were about 1,000 people in it, and after all the rebuys and addons, 1st place was right at $4,500, and 2nd - 5th were all above $1,000. After the addon period I started slowly building my stack... Before I knew it, I was at $175,000 in chips.... Then this hand came up....

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to SkibbityUkk [ Kh Jh ]
kansas75 folds.
Bengha333 folds.
SkibbityUkk raises [24000].
Nugget50_ folds.
nightcastle calls [24000].
SONRAY111 folds.
The_Dean22 folds.
steeles05 folds.
R__LO calls [18000].
enok33 folds.

** Dealing Flop ** [ 6s, 2h, Jc ]
R__LO checks.
SkibbityUkk bets [75000].
nightcastle folds.
R__LO raises [150000].
SkibbityUkk is all-In [75424]
R__LO calls [424].

** Dealing Turn ** [ 8h ]

** Dealing River ** [ 9h ]

R__LO shows [ 6d, 6c ] three of a kind, sixes.
SkibbityUkk shows [ Kh, Jh ] a flush, king high.
SkibbityUkk wins 386848 chips from the main pot


I was just moved to that table and wanted to raise soon after to let the table know I'm there to play, so I bumped it with KJ suited. I was extremely lucky, as you can see, to catch running hearts to double up.... But hey, I've taken worse beats than that, its my turn... right?? :)



Later on, this hand comes up....

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to SkibbityUkk [ Qs Qc ]
adib57 folds.
mmike444: vnh
kaladarkid: lol
Snap_Brandy will be using his time bank for this hand.
Snap_Brandy folds.
TinNutz folds.
kaladarkid raises [80000].
mmike444 folds.
Bengha333 folds.
SkibbityUkk is all-In [400911]
MRWISE42 folds.
kaladarkid calls [340911].

** Dealing Flop ** [ Js, 4c, Ah ]

** Dealing Turn ** [ 2s ]

** Dealing River ** [ Qd ]

kaladarkid shows [ As, Td ] a pair of aces.
SkibbityUkk shows [ Qs, Qc ] three of a kind, queens.
SkibbityUkk wins 889822 chips from the main pot with three of a kind, queens.



For about 30 minutes before this hand, I have been card dead, and folding every hand. Apparantly this guy doesn't notice, and doesn't respect my raise of over 300K more. I was mad when I saw the Ace, but hit my miracle on the river. That's what he gets for overplaying something like A10... lol.

At its peak, my stack was around 1.3 Million... but didn't stay there too long. Entering the final table I was the short stack after I pushed on the button a few hands before at my other table with Ah5h and the sb's JJ beat me. But still, here's the final table.....






I print screened it just in case I succeeded to pull a miracle comeback, but that didn't happen. I finished in 10th when I had to call in the bb with 86 os and was up against 1010. Oh well, I tried. And I promise you this... sometime soon I WILL cash over $1k in a multi. I'm feeling like my game is the best as its ever been right now, and I'm going to break through with a big cash soon.................. I can feel it!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home