Brandon's (mostly) Poker Blog

Sunday, November 05, 2006

6-man sngs

I'm going to start playing the 6-man sngs instead of the full table ones. They suit my game much better, and I love opening lots of pots. I've only played 6 of them so far, but won 3 and came 2nd in 1 of them. I know these are short-term results and it means nothing, but I think I'm much better at them than the full table ones. I played a little tonight, but only made a little bit because I bombed the full table turbos again. I also played a $5.50+R turbo that paid out $175 seats to a double shootout satty for the pokerstars caribbean adverture... top 21 got seats and I came in a dissappointing 23rd. In those turbo sattys, its all about getting lucky late because every bet is pretty much allin. If you go card dead, you're pretty much screwed cause you will get called when u push with crap. I was doing fine until 2 ppl busted at my table which broke another table to fill us up. Well the button had to move 3 seats to the left, which allowed a shortstack to skip the bb, and obviously made me skip a much needed free hand which would allow other players to bust on other tables. Blinds were 10k/20k and avg stack was about 25k.... so u know how that goes. I was forced in on the bb with 36os and bricked against AK... but its all good, I didn't even have to rebuy. I'm gonna be grinding out those 6-man sngs for a while I guess, well at least thats the plan right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home