Brandon's (mostly) Poker Blog

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Biloxi bound.....

Well I played cash games for a couple days last week. I did pretty well, winning probably around $250 or so in probably around 3k-4k hands at 50NL. I didn't play much, and ran pretty well when I did play. I am definitely still going to start grinding the cash games (with a couple MTTs a week mixed in), but this week I decided to play some MTTs. I think I played really well this week overall. I got pretty deep a couple times, but didn't have any huge cash. I did make a final table last night in a $22 180-man, getting 5th for like $220something. Today I played a few $12 180-man turbos. I busted 10th, right on the final table bubble, in a sick hand. The 2 tables left were 5 handed, and I was about 5th or 6th in chips with like 24k or so. Very active guy pushes from the cutoff (has 100 less than me) when blinds are 1500/3000. I have 1010 and insta-call from the BB. He shows 22 and a semi-ugly 3d4d5d flops (I say semi-ugly because I have the 10d, but of course he has the 2d so the Ad or 6d is no good. So anyway, he spikes the Ace of hearts on the turn and I miss my 6 outs to win and 2 outs to chop. I would have been chipleader at the final table had I won that 80/20, but instead had 100 chips left and only 1/3 to cover the ante. (a little variance in MTTs maybe??) I won the next hand and moved up to 500.. woohoo!!!! Then lost the next hand with A5 to 87. So I bubbled the final table... I run good... But I still love MTTs and will have to keep playing them from time to time.

Well Biloxi is coming up. I'm leaving tomorrow after work and we should get there around midnight or so I'm guessing. I'll be pulling an all-nighter tomorrow night, probably grinding 1/2 NL the whole time. If I get up a few hundred I may gamble and jump in the 2/5 NL game. The games are soooo soft for the most part down there. I'm really looking forward to the tourneys though. I've final tabled my last 3 tourneys down there, so hopefully I can win one. Of course poker isn't the real reason we're going down there though. Daniel is getting married in a few weeks, so this is his bachelor weekend. We're going to try our best to make sure he has a good time. Well thats all for now... hopefully I can pull out a nice win this weekend. I'll update when I get back.

- Brandon

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home