Brandon's (mostly) Poker Blog

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Not running too well...

After about 15,000 hands at full ring 50NL, I'm down about $150. I think I've been running bad, but it could very well be my play too. 15k hands isn't exactly a large sample size either though, so who knows. I'm going to switch it up and move down to 25NL, but play 6-max instead of full ring. I've always liked 6-max because I like to loosen up some, so hopefully I'll run good there. As far as tourneys go, I've been deep only once or twice lately, and have bubbled a few tourneys too. I bubbled the only 2 MTTs I played last night when 2 people made horrible calls for all their chips. One with A10 after an UTG limp and my 11x BB shove from MP, and one with AK on a jack high board. Needless to say I was ahead in both, and both guys hit. I'm used to it though, and its a big part of poker. I'm going to continue to play in the $10+1 buyin 30k guaranteed on almost a nightly basis during the week though, because I'd like to think I'm very +EV in it.

On a non-poker related note, Daniel's wedding is this Saturday. I have Friday off, so I'll be heading back to town Thursday night after work. The plan is to play golf Friday, watch the game Saturday afternoon, go to the wedding then the reception, which I think and hope is open bar. I'll update next week.

- Brandon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home